Beet stains are one of the worst stains out there on the carpet. Surprisingly it is very difficult to remove stain made of natural organic pigments. In fact, beets have been used as a textile dye for centuries for these exact reasons! Here’s a guide to removing beet stains from rugs and carpets for all those horseradish fans out there, as prepared by the rug and carpet stain removal experts at My Cleaner.
Steps to remove beetroot stains from rugs
First, gently dab the stain with a dry cloth to eliminate any excess liquid. Then:
Keep a clean sponge in cold water. Hold it against the stain, then blot it with a clean dry cloth. Repeat this process.
In case of stubborn stains, it may require some additional step of sponging and blot with a solution of two tablespoons of dish washing detergent and two cups of water.
Other than this, you can soak a slice of white bread in cold water and placing it over the stain. Give the stain time to fully absorb into the bread, and then, gently and carefully, lift up the slice of bread.
Careful Things to Remember About Beetroot Stain Removal
- Stains are more likely to be removed when dealt with as soon as possible.
- Unless the stain is fat based (beetroot stains are not) cold water is best for rinsing rather than hot water, which can set the stain in.
- Before using any cleaning agent on your rug, test it in a corner of the rug where it’s likely not to be seen to ensure it won’t damage the material.
- Make sure you rinse out one type of cleaning solution before attempting to use another to eliminate a stain, as certain chemicals, when mixed, can cause other forms of damage or staining.
- Don’t rub the fibers of your rug brutally, as you may damage the fibers of the rug.
- Make sure you use a white towel or clothes when you are blotting.
These were the steps to eliminate beetroot stains from the carpet. Considering these steps will definitely help you to eliminate the stains from your rug. If you need a professional rug cleaning help, don’t hesitate to call My Cleaner. We provide rug cleaning in Cape Coral and nearby areas.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter to get regular updates related tips and offers. Call us today at (239) 333-5655.