When you have a furry friend at home, occasional accidents may happen. These small mistakes can be a bit tricky to clean up when they happen on an area rug or carpets. But immediate actions and deep cleansing can revive your carpet to its original condition quickly. Moreover, some behavioral preventative measures can help to prevent future mishaps. But do you know how to clean pet urine from the area rug?
If your answer is no, then nothing to worry. In this article, we will share some important tips that will help you with pet urine removal.
How to Clean Pet Urine From Area Rug
If your area rug has encountered pet urine nothing to worry about try the cleaning solution shown below.
Things you need to make the solution:
- hydrogen peroxide
Note: Make sure you do a patch test to avoid discoloration on the rug. Here are the steps on how to clean pet urine from the area rug.
- First, blot the pet urine if it’s still wet. You can use a paper towel or white cloth to soak up as much of the urine from the rug. Repeat this process until you can no longer soak up any urine.
- Add 50% cold water and 50% white vinegar to a bowl and stir it well to make a solution.
- Now, apply the vinegar solution liberally, scrub the urine stain making sure it penetrates the fiber below.
- Blot the area again using the paper towel and eliminate as much of the vinegar and water solution as possible.
- Make a solution of ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide with a teaspoon of liquid dish-wash detergent. In case, if you don’t have hydrogen peroxide, you can use a spray laundry stain remover. Now scrub the area using this solution and rinse with water.
- Once the area is dried, sprinkle some baking soda over the stained area. Then leave it for some time, then vacuum it up using a vacuum cleaner. Baking soda is a great deodorizing agent, it will help to eliminate the odor of the pet urine. You can also try some expert tips on how to get pet odor out of the carpet.
Note: Never use cleaning products containing ammonia to clean up pet urine. The reason is dog urine contains ammonia, and using ammonia-based cleaning products will only make the situation worse.
Trying this cleaning solution will definitely help you to eliminate the pet urine from your area rug. If the stain seems too tough or you find it difficult to clean it properly, you can call in professionals. They can do the job perfectly as they have the best tool and know the right methods. Hiring a professional area rug cleaning team can restore your area rug without creating any complications.
If you are looking for an area rug cleaning in Cape Coral and nearby areas, My Cleaner is your ultimate decision. For FREE quotes and bookings call us at (239) 333-5655. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for regular service updates and FREE tips.