Everyone finds difficulty in cleaning the upholstery furniture. Furniture’s are one of the important investments you have done in your home. That piece of furniture means something to you. May be it is brand spanking new or not but was a big investment done by you at that time or it’s an antique that you are preserving. Because it has personal attachments or sentimental values.
It could be very annoying, when a small spot or spill can destroy a valuable piece of furniture in just a couple of seconds.
Spills and stains occurs, no matter how much precaution you take. However, luckily it is possible to remove some of the grimes from furniture safely and without damaging it.
I have few rules. If you follow these rules when you are dealing with the stains, your furniture will thank you later by giving luxury comfort.
Let’s go, here are my tips which will help you in cleaning and stain removal process.
If your furniture upholstery is not a water resistant, stains can soak deep into the cushions making it even harder to clean. In addition, the lighter the fabric, the harder the stain.
- Soak the liquid as much as possible.
- Never scrub! If you do this, you are going to invite a huge mess. Blot or dab at it to soak up the liquid.
- Respond to stains and spills as soon as possible. The longer time a stain gets to settle, the harder it becomes to remove.
- Use small amount of cleaning solutions and then add more as needed.
- Saturating the fabric with cleaning solution can damage your carpet. Excess liquid will embed the stain further into the fabric and cause mold and mildew to grow.
Removing debris and pet hairs:
Use a hand vacuum and do regular cleaning. By attaching a crevice attachment or a lint roller, it will easily pick up debris and pet hairs from your furniture.
Removing Ink Stains:
Spray with hairspray and then use a napkin or a paper towel and dab the stain until its removed. Repeat the process until the stain is lifted.
Removing Blood Stains:
Same technique can be used to remove blood stains as ink stains.
Next you can do is, grab a steam cleaner, filled with a cold water and little amount of shampoo and start sucking up the stains.
“You might have a big question in your mind using of COLD water in upholstery cleaning? Yes, using cold water is a key when it comes to removing blood. Using hot water to remove blood stains will cook the blood and make it just impossible to remove completely.
Removing Wine Stains
Pour some club soda on the affected area and start dabbing it with a clean cloth or a paper towel. Take a follow up by using steam cleaning using the mixture of cold water and shampoo.
Heavy Duty Stains
Pour medicinal strength hydrogen peroxide directly on the stain and start blotting it. Hydrogen peroxide is color safe, so there is no chance of carpet damage like bleach effect.
Maintaining an upholstery:
Furniture’s are the important assets of the house and you have invested a hug amount to bring that piece at home. Bringing them is good, it enhances the appeal of the house but it also requires time-to-time cleaning to maintain its look.
Furniture need to be maintained on a regular basis, even when there is no stain calling over it. This may seem like a hassle, but the good news is that it is a job, that does not require much time.
Here are some tips for keeping your furniture fabric in top condition:
- Buy a water repellent or stain guard spray to protect your upholstery from future staining. Go with that is marketed for upholstery as these won’t stain your fabric.
- Vacuum your furniture frequently to avoid buildup of dust and allergens.
- Setup your furniture in such a way that it doesn’t come in direct contact to sunlight. Otherwise, the rays will fade your upholstery fabric.
- Cover your furniture’s with a dust cloth if you are planning a long outing. It will prevent dust from infiltrating the fabric fibers in your absence.
If you are not sure about stain and do not know how to handle it, your most convenient and right choice is to call professional upholstery cleaning company!
My Cleaner, Inc. will inspect all problem areas. In most instances 100%, stain removal achieved. We provide upholstery cleaning in Cape Coral and nearby areas. We also provide other cleaning services like Carpet Cleaning, Air Duct cleaning, Area Rug cleaning, Tile & grout cleaning and Pet Stain and Odor Removal.
If you remember all of my tips, the life of your upholstered furniture will be prolonged.
Call us +1 (239) 333 5655